Executive Administration & VP Support
Our Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative support services to the President and VP executive team, including special assignments involving a variety of projects for the Corporation and provides back up assistance to Leadership.
- Provides the President and Senior Leadership Team with confidential administrative support including scheduling appointments and travel arrangements, preparing correspondence, editing reports and presentations.
- Acts as the point of contact for all communications and requests from the Chair’s Office and Minister’s Office (directly or via the Corporate Secretary), e.g. Minister’s responses, Returns to Oral Questions, Board Action Items, etc.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and working relationship with representatives of the Office of the Minister Responsible for the NWT Power Corporation, the Chair’s office (Corporate Secretary), and offices of members of the Board.
- Acts as a liaison between the President and Corporation staff in ensuring that information is disseminated Corporate wide.
- Ensures files and records are maintained in accordance with the corporate Records Management System.
- Supports the Senior Leadership Team in preparation of meeting agenda and materials, minute taking and making travel arrangements when required.
- Drafts for the President’s review and monitors the budget for the President’s office including review and approval of payment of invoices charged to the administrative cost centre.
- Responds to telephone, walk-in and written inquiries regarding Corporation activities and functions.
- Organize Corporation special events including staff parties, community events etc.